Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros

Fourth Wing (The Empyrean, #1)Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I will start off by saying that I am not really a fantasy person, but I love Rebecca Yarros and wanted to give this one a try.

This started off pretty strong, but then it kind of lost me. This read really young adult for almost 70% of the story. I kept pushing through since I liked the dragon selection scenes as well as the scenes that involved Violet and Xaden.

Speaking of the romance though, there really was not much at all. This is where I am a little confused based on reviews I was seeing. I read mostly romance and I found few scenes with the two together. I will say I was loving the two together, but I just kept waiting for more of them. It really did not come until almost 70/80% of the story.

I did like Xaden and liked his story and background.

The middle just dragged though and I found myself a little bored at times. I would normally DNF how I was feeling, but I did want to see when everything came together since I know how well RY can do that. I just never really got it in the end.

I predicted the ending before it happened. I may or may not pick up book two as I did enjoy this more than a normal fantasy but do hope for more romance in the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment