Saturday, December 12, 2020

Bridgerton: The Duke and I by Julia Quinn

Bridgerton: The Duke and IBridgerton: The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I have been seeing this one everywhere lately, especially with the upcoming Netflix release. I did hear that this has some problematic scenes, but I still wanted to give it a try.

I am not sure if I missed Daphne’s age, but she is very young and immature. She goes from not what happens between married couples to forcing a situation between her and Simon. I would have liked to see more development around Daphne.

I really liked the fake dating turned into marriage. Daphne and Simon do have a relationship with communication issues and some lies going into their marriage. This is a historical romance through, so I was expecting them to move pretty fast from courting to marriage.

Simon is dealing with his past trauma with his father. He does not want children, but does lie and say he is not able to have children instead. His issues pend from the relationship and lack of acceptance from his own father when he was a child. I think it is important to understand that going into this one. It does not justify what happens between Daphne and Simon though.

I enjoyed this much more than I was expecting. I love that this can be read as a standalone if you do not want to continue on with the series. However; I see which brother book two follows and I am excited for his story. I plan to continue on eventually.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment