Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Manhattan by Kandi Steiner

Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)Manhattan by Kandi Steiner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Manhattan is the third book in the Becker Brothers series, but can be read as a standalone. I was wondering where Kandi was going to Michael and his story. I do recommend reading the other books as it will bring context around Michael and his previous relationship and also everything going on with his dad.

This one hit me a little harder since it does deal more with the father of the boys. It is approaching ten years since the death of their father. This weekend is the 17 years ago when I lost my own father. I think I just connected with this one more than I did book two.

I do wish we could have gotten more of Michael falling for Kylie. We really see how much Kylie has always loved him. One day he just decides he wanted more. I would have liked a little more build up around his emotions about everything that was going on.

This series has been pretty good, but I feel something is missing compared to every other Kandi book I have read. So far, I feel all three are pretty similar and did not bring anything that was not expected. I just expect more. Do not get me wrong, I am still enjoying them! I just usually an blown away and these are just not taking me there.

I am excited to see what happens with Jordan and his story. He may be the brother I am most looking forward too!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment