Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Wicked: A Rockstar Romance Series by Piper Lawson

Wicked: A Rockstar Romance SeriesWicked: A Rockstar Romance Series by Piper Lawson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I am going to start off by saying I am not normally a fan of rock band/music group romances. I just never feel there is anything that sets them apart. This series sounded really good though, so I decided to give it a chance. I am glad I did. Just an FYI, Audible has the bind-up of the series all in one, so you can get all three for only one credit!

Book one was really building the world and characters. I really liked getting to know both Jax and Haley. It really starts to build on their relationship as well which is a slow burn romance. I really loved that and also the age gap they are dealing with. There was enough other things going on with them and in the background to keep you wanting more. (4 stars)

Book two was a little lacking for me. I was looking for more as I just do not feel much happens. This one is much steamier than book one as Jax and Haley do take their relationship to the next level. I do not recommend reading this one unless you have read book one in the series. The story is a continuation with the same characters and I think book one really sets up this story.

I really did love the Jax and Annie parts of this story. It was pretty predictable, but did bring some emotional parts to the story. There was almost more around Annie and Jax than Jax and Haley.

Something happens towards the end and also the end of the story that comes out of nowhere. I do not feel it even really fit on how it all happened. I see what the author was doing, but I would have liked some bits of these character thrown into book two to bring a little more emotion to all of this. These things come out of nowhere and did not really flow with everything going on. It just seems thrown in to bring emotional moments to the story. They did not work for me. (2.5)

Book three starts of two years after the ending of book two. I do feel that books two and three could have been combined into one. Book three was pretty short at only 200 pages. I did not realize this was a novella until I looked at some other reviews.

This cannot be read as a standalone as it is a continuation of the Jax and Haley love story. I liked this one much more than book two. I liked seeing Haley and Jax coming back together after a few years ago.

My biggest thing with this series is the holes within the story. There are several time jumps between the books, and also things that happen with no explanation or without any build up. I wanted more around these aspects of the story. (3 stars)

Overall, this was still a fun series if you love music/band romances. I really loved Jax. Book one was my favorite, but I liked following their story in books two and three.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment