Tuesday, April 2, 2019

One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan

One Summer in ParisOne Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

This story started off from two perspectives: Grace and Audrey. Our characters will not actually meet one another until almost 130 pages into the story. However; I loved their individual stories. I flew through the first half of this story. This does deal with some series issues including cheating, alcoholism, and dyslexia. I could not get enough of either story and could not wait to see what would happen when they finally did meet.

The story itself did slow down a little for me once both Grace and Audrey get to Paris. This went from the individual stories to an unlikely friendship. I loved how they both took on a role in the others life in just the way they needed. Both were missing something, and their friendship began to repair these missing pieces.

A few things to mention that I am not sure where to throw into my thoughts. I loved Mimi! She was so funny. I would love to see a book around her life. I also wish there was more information around Grace and her childhood as there was a mystery around what happened to her. I would have liked to know more about that.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. I have already went out and bought another book by the author to explore more of her work.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment