Monday, April 15, 2019

Little Do We Know by Tamara Ireland Stone

Little Do We KnowLittle Do We Know by Tamara Ireland Stone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have heard so many amazing things about this book, so I was so excited when I found it for such a great price. I started it the same night! However; it was not what I was expecting at all.

This took me several weeks to finish where I normally finish books within a day or two. I kept wanting to DNF this, but I was hoping it would get better as it went on. The first half was very slow and boring. I could not get into it. I wanted to know what happened between Hannah and Emory though, so I kept reading.

This does deal with several issues including a student/teacher relationship which was never really addressed. It also deals with sexual abuse. This is a great book to bring up the discussion with your teenagers around when a secret is worth telling someone about. The one thing I did not like is that this was not really brought up until the end of the story when it was revealed. The secret was never made to be such a big deal, but it ended up being huge. This also deals heavily in religion which I did not mind, but again was not expecting.

The second half was much better than the first half though. It was the saving grace for me. Overall, I am happy I finished it. The first half was like a one star and the second half was more of a three to four star. This one is tricky to rate since I could have done without half of the book. I going give it about three stars as I ended up enjoying it for what it was.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment