Saturday, January 5, 2019

All the Little LightsAll the Little Lights by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I absolutely love Jamie McGuire so I am not sure why it took me so long to pick this one up. I picked up the other new release that came out and it was disappointing, so I was hopeful that this would be get back to the reasons why I love her storytelling…and it did!

This started off introducing both Elliot and Catherine. You learn a little about their childhoods and their family life. Both are dealing with some issues at home and they start up a friendship. Then something tragic happens, and Elliot is not able to be there for Catherine. This does deal with domestic violence and emotional abuse. It also deals with mental health.

The first 100 pages were so good. The middle was a little repetitive. I liked the mystery around what was happening in the Juniper. I actually did not know this was going to turn into a mystery. It really was not the focus of most of the story and does not really start to come together until over 200 pages into the story. I really liked what it brought to the story in the end.

Overall, I enjoyed this.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment