Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 2014 BirchBox Review

Do you want to discover new brands of makeup and skin care, but do not want to spend the money on a full size product in case you do not like it? Then Birchbox may be for you?

What is BirchBox? 
Birchbox is a monthly subscription box which delivers 4-5 sample sized products usually focusing on makeup, skincare, or lifestyle items.

What it costs? 
Birchbox offers two different monthly boxes.  I am currently subscribed to the women box which is $10 a month.  They offer a men’s box as well which is $20 a month.  To start your subscription click here.  Sign up today and use code bbstore100 for an extra 100 points ($10 to use in the store).

I have been a subscriber of birchbox for several months now, and some months have been better than others.  However; Birchbox does seem to have the best point system compared to other boxes I have sampled.  Each month you can review the items you received and earn points to spend in their shop.  50 points is $5, so you are really paying $5 for the samples in the end. 

I also love the boxes the samples come in!  They are sturdy enough to re-use, and I love using these to help organize my makeup drawers.
Each month has a theme and each box has a card explaining each of the products.  The theme for October was FanFair.  Each box included past favorites from previous boxes.


I was actually not that thrilled with this months box.  Here is what was included for my October box.


Beauty Protector:  This provides protection from heat damage and helps detangle those stubborn tangles.  (Full Size-$21.95)  The foils were an extra this month which I was happy did not count as one of my items.


Ellovi:  This was vanilla scented body butter.  Unfortunately, I hate the smell of vanilla.  (Full Size-$26)

Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Face Rejuvenator:  Microdermabrasion for a smooth complexion.  (Full Size-$34)


Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips:  This can be used on your lips, cuticles, and elbows.  (Full Size-$14.50)

Lord and Berry Glitter Eye Pencil in Black:  This has some silver shimmer.  (Full Size-$18)

Thumbs Up:
Great point system
Reusable boxes
Variety of Samples

Thumbs Down:
Small Samples
Tends to have more skin care than makeup (This is a personal thumbs down, not necessarily on the box itself)

What do you think?  Do you want to join?  Sign up now with bbstore100 for an extra 100 points to use in the store.  Visit birchbox.com or click here.  

Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.  Thanks

**Simply Kelina paid for this subscription box and is not affiliated with this product.  A link is included for a referral, but this is an option for all subscribers.  All opinions are unbiased and my own personal opinion.**

1 comment:

  1. I agree and this is one of the reasons why I unsubbed to Birchbox.. I've been seeing good unboxings lately so I resubbed... hopefully my box isn't too horrible.

    ReplyDelete