Wednesday, December 13, 2023

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

My Dark VanessaMy Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I went into this blind without really knowing what this was even about. This is not going to end up being for everyone, but it is an important read. It is a powerful story around the impact and hold a predator can have on his victim.

The author grabs your attention and does not let you go. This was almost 400 pages and I still read it in less than a day. The story is between a young girl and her teacher. You really get to see how he grooms her and manipulates her on so many different levels. Your heart will break when hearing how she was feeling in certain moments but then questioning why she would feel negatively around something "she was allowing."

Very powerful story. I loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment