Monday, May 14, 2018

Becoming The Talbot Sisters by Rachel Linden: New Release with Review



I was sent this book from BookLook Bloggers.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review. 



Synopsis:

"Twin sisters Waverly and Charlie Talbot have drifted far apart as they pursue opposite dreams of stardom and service to the poor. On an astonishing journey across Central Europe, they must come together to face their fears, find their courage and fight for what they love.

Celebrity chef Waverly Ross has built a successful career with her home-entertaining show Simply Perfect. Yet she and her husband, Andrew, have never been able to realize the true desire of Waverly’s heart: to become a mother. Meanwhile Waverly’s twin sister, Charlie Talbot, buries her bitter disappointment and shattered idealism beneath a life spent serving others as an international aid worked in Budapest, Hungary.

 When the beloved aunt who raised them passes away, Waverly and Charlie come together in their grief after living years on separate continents. Struck by a fierce desire to bridge the distance between them, Charlie offers Waverly and her husband the selfless gift of surrogacy.

But soon the sisters find they are each in danger of losing their jobs, seemingly putting their dreams on hold once again. When Waverly shows up unannounced in Budapest with a plan to rescue Simply Perfect, the sisters embark on an adventure across Central Europe that could save them both from occupational hazards. Though the twins haven’t had to rely on each other since childhood, an unforeseen dangerous turn in their journey across Europe forces them to stand together to save their careers, the baby, and each other."




MY REVIEW:

My Rating: 4 Stars

Format: Paperback

Source: Provided

I was sent this book from Book Look Bloggers. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

This is a story about sisters, but it will be a story around sisters like you have never read before. I have not heard anyone talking about this, and it deserves so much more attention than it has gotten so far.

Have you ever picked up a book that you had no clue would impact you as much as it did? That was Becoming the Talbot Sisters for me. I honestly went into this blind. When it starts off with Waverly having a miscarriage, my heart was broken. You learn about Waverly and her want/need for a child and that she can not conceive. You begin to learn more about both Waverly and her twin sister Charlie, but you would never guess the twists and turns they face as you go along with them on their journey. This had so much going on (triggers for rape, human trafficking, fertility issues) that it was hard to put down. There were heart breaking and happy moments.

This is not marketed as historical fiction, and it does take place in present day. However; it does have a historical fiction feel and I think that is important to know going in. I was surprised to find that this was only the second book written by Rachel Linden as I thought it was beautiful.

Overall, this took so many different turns than I was expecting, but I loved every minute. If you love adult fiction I highly recommend this! I am excited to see what else Rachel Linden brings us in the future.

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment