Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Dare by Elle Kennedy

The Dare (Briar U, #4)The Dare by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I love Elle Kennedy and the Off-Campus series. When she came out with Briar U, I jumped on board with this new series. She just knocks sports romances out of the park. You can read this as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading the previous books as it will give you some insight into several of the other characters.
I am not sure if this is the last one in this series, but I just cannot get enough.

This one was not my favorite though. This is mainly due to Taylor and the constant insecurity around her weight. It is not very clear if she is even overweight as it only mentions her having some curves. I was annoyed with this as it was a little overkill on someone who really does not appear overweight at all. I do like how it hits on insecurities though and how Connor really tries to help her through this.

This does deal with issues/triggers of mental health, acceptance, family, love, body image and more. It had a little bit of everything.

I really wish the Off Campus Series and the Briar U series would be adapted into a TV series. It would be so good. I am obsessed with both series and all of the characters. I am heart broken to know this is the end of the Briar U series!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment