Monday, September 7, 2020

Ritual by Kandi Steiner

RitualRitual by Kandi Steiner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I love Kandi Steiner and The Palm South University series is one of my favorite series. To say I was excited for this new release is an understatement. I just absolutely have fallen in love with all of the characters and this world. It did not take me long to remember everything that has happened when jumping into Ritual.
Ritual was much more steamy than I remember the others being. I personally just skip over these scenes, as I am more interested in the storylines.

I was excited to get a little bit of everyone in this story though. You get to hear from Cassie, Bear, Jess, Skyler, Erin, Ashlei, and Adam. I liked some of the directions for the characters better than others. I am normally team Cassie and Adam, but I did not love them in this one. They were annoying and I missed the banter between the two.

I know I may be the odd one out, but I am totally team Bear and Erin. I like the new guy so far, but he has not won me over compared to Bear and Ex. I am hoping we can build on that a little more too.

Some of the storyline felt pretty repetitive, but if you are on book 5 you probably still love reading about our favorite characters. I can see that Cassie is planning on getting a Little, so it will be interesting how the next books incorporate some new characters.

Overall, I still enjoyed this one but it is still starting to sizzle out. I need more development within the characters and more details into some of the things we have seen them go through. I hoping everything wraps up nicely in the final two books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment