Friday, September 18, 2020

The Best Laid Plans by Cameron Lund

The Best Laid PlansThe Best Laid Plans by Cameron Lund
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

It has been a minute since I truly enjoyed a story that dealt with younger teens in high school. This one sounded really good though.

I really enjoyed the characters and their romantic journey. Keeley did come off very immature for her age at times. However; I loved her and Drew together. I was rooting for them the whole time. This was pretty predictable around what was going to happen between the two of them, but I still enjoyed it.

There are triggers for mean girls and of course sex. I liked how this tackled the subject around sex though as it is an issue/topic that many teens are facing in real life. I think it is a taboo topic that many want to avoid, but it is involving our youth at a younger age more now than ever. These behaviors are happening. I liked that this showed older teens in High School dealing with sex, drinking, and stereotypes around sex between males and females.

Overall, this one was pretty good!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment