Saturday, September 26, 2020

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout

From Blood and Ash (Blood And Ash, #1)From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

This one is a little hard for me when rating. There were aspects of the story that I really enjoyed and others that were just too slow paced. I know so many people who have named this the top book they have read in the year. I am a huge JLA fan, but I just did not love this as much as everyone else.

This started off a little slow. I actually picked it up as soon as it was released. I read a few chapters and put it down. I later picked up the audiobook to finish. I am glad I finished it, but still did not love it as much as I wanted too.

I was confused on some of the aspects around the fantasy. It was hard to follow until it was further explained.

I loved the scenes with Poppy and Hawke, but that is no surprise since I am a romance lover. This is also where I feel JLA always stands out. I have always loved her contemporary romances.

There were also some intense parts where I was tearing up. I loved that this did bring out different emotions as I was reading.

I do think this was way too long though. I also feel that some of the world needed more explanation.

I still enjoyed this and will continue with the series, but I just was expecting to blown away and was not.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment