Monday, June 17, 2019

Summer by the Tides by Denise Hunter

Summer by the TidesSummer by the Tides by Denise Hunter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book to review. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

It is no secret that I love Denise Hunter and I will read everything she puts out. I was very excited when I knew I was getting an ARC of her new title, Summer by the Tides. Did I like it? Yes! Was it my favorite from her? Unfortunately, no.

This is a romance, but so much more. It is a story around love, second chances, and family. There are triggers for A LOT of infidelity. I really enjoyed seeing Conner get a second chance at love. I also liked seeing the family coming back together after so many years.

The one thing I was really shocked with was how much the story skipped so many details. I just wanted more details or a more in depth look into certain topics. I feel there were so many missed opportunities to bring this story to a different emotional level. Some aspects were just thrown in without much back story. I wanted to know more about Conner and his past and his previous loss. The story around forgiveness just ends and I wanted to see more development around the healing between the sisters and the sisters and their mother.

I loved the scenes with the Grandmother and the sisters. There was so much going in within their stories, but again I wanted more out of this storyline as well. I did not feel that all of the infidelity brought anything powerful or impactful to the story. I was just underwhelmed when everything came out with the Grandmother, Mother, and sisters.

Overall, I know it may sound like I did not enjoy this, but I did. I just expected a little more from one of my favorite authors.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment