Friday, June 14, 2019

Sadie by Courtney Summers

SadieSadie by Courtney Summers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another very hyped book, another one I was hesitant about trying. I have tried several Courtney Summers books previously and have never been able to get into them. I love hard hitting contemporary reads though and this one interested me especially with a full cast of narratives for the audiobook.

I really enjoyed how this one started. I did not think I would like the podcast addition to the story and thought it would be repetitive. It was not and it worked very well. I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend the audiobook as it really differentiates between the Podcast and Sadie’s sections.
This does hit on very serious issues such as drug addiction and sexual abuse. It was very sad to see how everything unfolded. I was not a huge fan of the ending, but still enjoyed the story as a whole.

Overall, I recommend this one and really enjoyed it!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment