Saturday, June 8, 2019

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

Eliza and Her MonstersEliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was so hyped when it came out. I tried picking it up once and only got a few chapters in and put it down. It was not from me not enjoying it, but just was never in the mood for it. I was so excited when this came out on audiobook. I knew I needed to give it another try.

I know everyone loved this, but I was still not expecting to love this as much as I did. It has a little bit of everything within the story. The characters bring love, friendship, heartbreak, and learning lessons. It deals with anxiety and suicide. I found myself smiling and tearing up all within in a few chapters.

I was not expecting this to tackle so many intense topics. Every time I heard someone talk about this I heard about how cute of a story it was. Yes, it is a very cute story but had so much more going on for both Eliza and Wallace. My heart was breaking when you hear about Wallace and his family. Eliza is also dealing with anxiety and the pressures of making others happy, that she is struggling with how to make herself happy.

Overall, I really enjoyed this and highly recommend it. The audiobook was great, but you will not be able to see the comics that are in the published story. It did not take anything away for my love for this though. I still recommend the audiobook.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment