Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Unexpected by Kelly Rimmer NEW RELEASE

Unexpected (Start Up in the City, #1)Unexpected by Kelly Rimmer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I love Kelly Rimmer, so when I saw she was coming out with a romance I knew I wanted to read it. Better yet, this is a friends to lovers romance which made it even better.

I really enjoyed that this involved older characters as Abby is 32 years old. I actually loved the friendship between Abby and Marcus. The friendship is developed prior to the emotional/physical relationship happening and I really appreciated it. You really believe they were best friends. Most stories will say they were best friends, but they are throwing themselves at each other by the end of the first chapters. I liked that this is not what happened with this couple.

This does deal with fertility issues, but not really. It does not get into the emotional trauma or hit that emotional level as it really is only the on the surface. I know this is the main thing around why the romance happens, but it was not as emotional as I thought it would be. I am a person in my 30s struggling with infertility and it did not trigger me. I was able to connect a little more with Abby though due to my own struggles. I did cry in the end based on this connection.

Yes, this was a little slower paced and there is not too much going on besides the building of their relationship. There is a little extra drama thrown in with the father of Marcus coming into the picture. The story itself was predictable, but I still enjoyed it.

Overall, this one was good and I liked it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment