Sunday, May 5, 2019

Stay with Me by J. Lynn

Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)Stay with Me by J. Lynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

This was not my favorite so far, but I still loved it. I just never really bought into the relationship between Calla and Jax like I did with previous characters. Jax was still a great guy though. If you love a romance with good guys, this series is so far for you.

I did like the positive male roles in this story including the Uncle. It is rare to see males in a postive light sometimes in book series, so this was a nice add in.

The previous characters were also thrown in, but I almost wish they were not. Hear me out! I love them, but I feel they were just there to be there. So many serious things were happening, and they were just chilling at the bar or a hotel room. There is no way they would have been that calm around these events unfolding. I did like seeing and hearing about them, but I wish it was done in a different way.

The whole story you are set up to really be mad at Calla's Mom. However; the part at the end with her Mom was heartbreaking.

This does have triggers for drugs, drug abuse, and violence.

It may sound like I did not like this based on the review, but I really did. I just wanted to show why it was a little less than a 5 star for me. Overall, still loving the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment