Friday, May 31, 2019

The Bride Test by Helen Hoang

The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you enjoyed the Kiss Quotient, then you definitely need to pick up The Bride Test. This the second book in the series (I did not know it was a series), but you do not have to read the first one to enjoy this. It did not have any of the same characters.

Where I really enjoyed the first book, I liked the plot much more in The Bride Test. I am not really sure why, but I just thought it was so cute. I loved how the mother of Khai meets Esme, and the whole journey of having her come to America.

Just like The Kiss Quotient, this is more new adult than just contemporary romance. There are several steamy scenes, so be prepared for that when going into either of these stories. It was not overwhelming though and was such a small part of the plot, so you could still enjoy it even if you do not like that in your reads.

The one reason I am giving this 4/5 stars is the lack of depth/details. I just wanted more development around the characters and their story. It is hard to describe, but I just wanted more.

Overall, still a great read and I recommend it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment