Monday, May 13, 2019

Outside the Lines by Amy Hatvany

Outside the LinesOutside the Lines by Amy Hatvany
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was not really sure what I was expecting when I grabbed for Outside the Lines, but I previously read a book by the author and loved it.

This is a really raw look at the relationship between a father and daughter and the impact mental illness can have on a family. This does deal with mental health, suicide, and some other series issues around mental health. I liked how the author really took the story to a dark place for David. However; the middle did get a little repetitive and I was ready for something else to happen.

This jumps from the past and present of the family relationships. You get to see a glimpse of when Eden was a child and what happened with her father and his mental health needs. You also get his perspective while he was dealing with his demons. The third is the present where Eden is looking for her father after not seeing him since she was a child.

There is also a romance for Eden but it is not at the forefront of the story.

Yes, this was emotional but I was just waiting for that moment for it to blow me away. It never really happened. I was waiting for that moment where my stomach would drop and the tears would just come, and again it did not happen. It just was a little to flat in the end.

Overall, it was ok.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment