Monday, May 13, 2019

The Night Before by Wendy Walker

The Night BeforeThe Night Before by Wendy Walker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I went into this not really knowing much, but I think that is the best way to read this story. This is following the story of two sisters and a group of lifelong friends. I picked this up one night before bed and expected to read only one or two chapters. Next thing I knew I was over 100 pages in and needed to know how everything was going to unfold.

It also deals with online dating as Laura goes on an online date, but does not show up at home later that night. This story is told in three different views. You see the story from Laura during and leading up to her date. You also get the story from her sister, Rosie, who is searching for Laura after the date. You also get a glimpse into the past when Laura was in therapy. I think this really worked. Sometimes when this happens it will take away from the thrilling moments, but this all worked well together for me.

This also has a mystery within a mystery within a mystery which I also really liked. It really kept my attention, as it was always focused on one of the three. You are not only reading and wondering what happened to Laura the night of her date, but also what happened to her while she was living in the city and as a teenager. I was actually more interested in what happened in the city and high school than I was the current mystery.

Overall, this was pretty good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment