Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Girl With The Red Lipstick by Rakshita Govindaraju

The Girl With The Red LipstickThe Girl With The Red Lipstick by Rakshita Govindaraju
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was sent this book for review, and I feel really bad giving it only two stars. In my rating system, two stars means I thought the book was ok, and that is how I felt about this story.

I accepted this book for review as the plot intrigued me. This story follows several characters as they are kept (captivity almost) in a whore house/prostitution. The one thing I enjoyed is how the author was able to pull out my emotions as you read about what was happening to the our main characters. It was pretty intense and disgusting what some of the clients made her do. I was angry as I was reading some of these scenes. It was also crazy when you read about how our character ended up in the hands of Mahima.

This does have a female/female romance as well. I enjoyed the diversity within the story.

This was only 170 pages and I almost wish it was a little longer and the writing fleshed out a little more. I would have liked more descriptions and details around certain things as at times I felt it was almost moving too fast. I never found myself invested into the actual story or characters (even with the plot).

Overall, this was only ok to me. I would recommend it if you are looking for something quick or with a F/F romance. There are triggers for sexual abuse/abuse as well.



View all my reviews

1 comment: