Thursday, February 28, 2019

Low Country Hero by Lee Tobin McClain

Low Country HeroLow Country Hero by Lee Tobin McClain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Low County Hero is the first book in the Safe Haven series. After reading this, I am happy to know there will be more books following in the series. This was a romantic suspense that focuses on domestic violence. Even though I knew some of the things that would happen I still really enjoyed this.

This follows two different stories, but they are intertwined. I do not want to give too much away, but I loved both stories around Anna and Rita. This opens up with an intense prologue which caught my attention. I never lost interest as the story continued to progress.

There were a few things that I was not a fan of like saying the twins had special needs for having selective mutism. This was most likely from the trauma they witnessed from their parents. However; this was just something that I would have liked described as something different but it did not take away from my enjoyment of the story itself.

This also leaves so many unanswered questions around Rita and her story. I need book two now to know what happens!

Overall, I really enjoyed this and hope to continue on with the series in the future. I was sent a copy from the publisher.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment