Wednesday, February 13, 2019

An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

An American MarriageAn American Marriage by Tayari Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

I know that this was in the running for a top read in 2018. I planned to get to it earlier, but I just never could work it in. I decided it was finally time to give it a go.

I will say I went into this not knowing anything about the story. When it started, it caught me off guard with the storyline as it was not what I was expecting at all. This was such an amazing story following the marriage of Roy and Celestrial. I had no heard much about this and I had no clue that the first third would be made up of letters (I will not spoil why). It still all worked for me though.

It is hard to say much, and I think it best that you just go into this knowing it is about a marriage. This story deals with rape, racism, marriage, cheating, and so much more. This made me laugh and it made me cry. I was captivated with their story from the very beginning.

Overall, not enough people are talking about this and highly recommend this.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment