Friday, January 3, 2020

The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Darkest Star (Origin, #1)The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I do recommend reading the Lux series first. It has been too long since I read the previous books, and this does mention characters and things that happened during the Lux series. I found myself trying to remember the details as they were talking about them in the new story. I wish I would have re-read the series right before reading this one. I recommend it, but I do not think you have to read the Lux series to enjoy this one.

This one started off a little slow for me. It really started to pick up the second half though and I was hooked.
I was enjoying the new characters and getting back into this world. There is a lot of recapping around Luxen and the world to help bring you back to the world which I appreciated. It was not overdone and just enough to get a good idea of the previous information.

I really love that this had a little bit of a mystery and a little bit of romance. So much happens right away, and continues to happen as you read to keep your interest. Overall, I really enjoyed this and can’t wait to see where JLA will take the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment