Friday, January 10, 2020

The Dance by Alison G. Bailey

The DanceThe Dance by Alison G. Bailey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Initially from the cover, I thought that this story was going to involve dancing or a dancer. It does not. This follows “the dance” of life between Bryson and her husband Will. This is a full circle story that will break your heart. It touches on some very heartbreaking and sensitive subjects as well.

I really loved the beginning of this story. There are triggers for emotional abuse, illness, and AIDS. This is a story about second chances, love, forgiveness, and so much more. It covers topics such as AIDs (as mentioned above) and a love interest in a wheelchair. These are both not seen in many romances I have read. It brought something new to romance reads. I was not expecting certain things to happen but really enjoyed the story overall.

This was a little too detailed at times though. I think this could easily have been a four or five star read for me if it was around 100 pages less. There were parts that dragged on way too much, leaving the ending feeling rushed. The ending definitely builds within the story, but I also had the feeling that it just ended abruptly.

Overall, this is an emotional story that is still worth the read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment