Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Gretchen by Shannon Kirk

GretchenGretchen by Shannon Kirk
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I will never look at a puzzle the same way again!

I went into this blind and only knew it was going to be a mystery/thriller based on the creepy cover. This one had me hooked from chapter one! I really wanted to know what was happening.

This story is told within three different parts. The author did a great job in part one creating such a creepy atmosphere while really capturing your attention. There were so many times I was screaming in my head for Lucy to run (even when it was just red flags jumping out at you). Part one was looking like a five star read for me.

Part two started to slow down as some secrets start to unravel. Part three is where this one lost me. So much happens, but it was so much slower than what I was expecting. It was so tactical more so than action packed. I just wanted more.

Overall, this story is still crazy and was a wild ride even though the second half just did not do it for me.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment