Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Surfside Sisters by Nancy Thayer

Surfside SistersSurfside Sisters by Nancy Thayer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first Nancy Thayer read, and I really enjoyed it. I will say I feel the title is a little off as this was not as much of a story of friendship as much as the story of women and her life. It does all wrap back around the friendship, but it was not the main focus. It was more in the distance, but wraps back around to them later in life.

I thought this was going to be a whole story around the friendship between Isabelle and Keely. However; it really only follows the story of Keely. Isabelle was never a great friend to Keely and we only get limited details as we follow Keely from high school to adulthood. I actually really loved the story and was not a fan of Isabelle, so it all worked for me.

Not much actually happens within the story, but I was still hooked nonetheless. I was just invested into Keeley and wanted to see how everything unfolded for her. This was a slow moving story, but I think you would love it if love a good chic lit read.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one and look forward to picking up more from the author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment