Friday, August 2, 2019

Have You Seen Luis Velez? by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Have You Seen Luis Velez?Have You Seen Luis Velez? by Catherine Ryan Hyde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I do not know why I doubted Catherine Ryan Hyde. I should have known better. I completely judged this story. Even after starting it I was thinking I was going to DNF this. The more I read though, the more I loved this feel good story.

I loved Ms. G and all of her wisdom. I also loved the relationship between Ms. G and Raymond. Their story was one of kindness and love (she is 90 so not a romantic love). I love their conversations and how Ms. G was really helping Raymond to find himself with no judgement.

There is still good in this world, and stories like these just touch your heart. I laughed and I cried. I did not see some turns coming at all and did not realize this was going to take a legal turn. It covers so many different topics from sexuality, relationships, family, friendship, racism, and more. I do feel it went on a little too long at times. It is not a fast moving story at all, but more of one of those reads that will stick with you well after reading the last page.

Overall, I really enjoyed this and highly recommend picking it up if you love those types of reads.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment