Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Fatal Frost by Nancy Mehl Non-Spoiler Review

I would have never picked this book up on my own.  Was I happy it fell into my lap?  Check it out below...

I was sent this book from the wonderful Bethany House.

What it costs?
You can purchase Fatal Frost for $14.99 in paperback from Amazon, here.  This books is also available in both hardcover and Kindle formats.


What is it about?
"Mercy Brennan followed in her father's footsteps in a law enforcement career, but she has no interest in any other connection to him. A U.S. Marshal in St. Louis, Missouri, she's assigned to a joint task force with the St. Louis PD that puts her back into contact with her father and in the sights of St. Louis's most powerful gang.

When the gang has reason to believe Mercy has possession of some highly sensitive and incriminating information, her boss assigns Mark St. Laurent--a Deputy U.S. Marshal and Mercy's ex-boyfriend--to get her out of town until they can guarantee her safety.

Initially unaware of the danger she's in and uncomfortable working with Mark, Mercy's frustration escalates when she discovers the extent her boss and Mark have been keeping her in the dark. It isn't until a freak ice storm hits, stranding them at a remote location and out of contact with the district office, that the full severity of their situation becomes clear. As the storm worsens, the forces of nature combine with a deadly enemy closing in to put their lives at imminent risk. Can they survive long enough for help to arrive--if help is even coming at all?"


Like I mentioned above, I would never have reached for this on my own.  I am so happy I have been going out of my comfort zone when it comes to what I am reading, as this was so good.

This was very suspenseful.  Chapter 1 had me hooked and made me want to know what was going to happen.  Next thing I knew I was almost half way through this when I only planned on reading a few pages one night.  Every chapter left you in suspense.  This book dealt with drug dealers and gang related activities.  It also gives you a look into our law enforcement and what they face when in the mist of dangerous situations.  It was so compelling especially with what has been going on with our world lately.

I am only have about 5 more chapters, and I plan to finish this tonight.  I was pleasantly surprised!

Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Goodreads

Thank you to Bethany House for the opportunity to try this complimentary book.

No comments:

Post a Comment