Tuesday, January 31, 2023

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden

The Housemaid (The Housemaid, #1)The Housemaid by Freida McFadden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So this lived up to the hype. It was a very quick read for being over 300 pages and I finished it in one day. I recommend going into this blind as it will just make it better.

I listened on audio, and recommend it as it brings the characters to live. The narrator kept me engaged as well.

This is told in 3 parts. I think part one was my favorite as you are trying to put all of your thoughts on what the twist is going to turn into. I did guess some of what was going to happen but it was not necessarily obvious which I liked.
Part two starts to unravel the story and was a little slower. Part three is the conclusion.

What I appreciated most about this story was that there was little fluff. Everything flowed and kept my interest. The middle did not drag or feel pointless like some thrillers I have read.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment