Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Queen of Hearts by Kimmery Martin

The Queen of HeartsThe Queen of Hearts by Kimmery Martin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When a book is described in any way being like Grey’s Anatomy, just know I am in. This has been on my TBR for so long, but I was worried about reaching for it based on others reviews. I knew I still wanted to read it though so when I found it for a great price I had to pick it up.

I just never connected with this story even from the start. Within the first 100 pages, I had no clue where the plot was going or what the point of the story was going to be. I feel the story was all over the place, and I just did not find myself caring for any of the characters or what was going on with them.

Yes, this follows medical students while in the hospital and then follows them as they are older. There was medical jargon thrown in, so you might like that if you love medical dramas. I just did not love any of it.

I did like the romance aspect of this story and I wanted to know more about Zadie and Nick. As soon as I was interested within this aspect of the story, it stopped. You go several chapters where it was not a focus at all. I also hated the direction their story took towards the end.

Actually, I hated the direction of the story in general. Overall, this was a fail for me. I was very disappointed. I am giving it 2 stars as I was able to finish. I did not hate it, but I did not like it either. (Changed to a 1 since it was did not like).


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment