Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo

The Light We LostThe Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Do you ever really move on from your first true love? This is a love story following Lucy and her long love Gabe. They have gone their separate ways, and Lucy has moved on with her life. Or has she? Gabe seems to always be right there or in the back of her mind. This does deal with love, loss, and infidelity. It deals with 9/11 and War (not too much, but mentions things going on around this time and does start off with 9/11) It was pretty slow for me, but I still found myself interested in the story. You can tell something is going to happen as Lucy is telling us this story from the past. I was waiting for the gut-wrenching moment, but it never happened. Was it sad? Yes. But, I was just let down. I never connected with the love story.

Overall, this was only ok.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment