Friday, April 5, 2019

Distant Shores by Kristin Hannah

Distant ShoresDistant Shores by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 Stars

I was in the mood for a contemporary romance, so I went to the queen of romance hoping for a homerun. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed with this one.

I really enjoyed this story when it started, but the longer it went out, the longer it dragged out. I enjoyed learning about Elizabeth and Jack: how they met, their marriage, their current struggles. I liked seeing Jack as an ex-football star and trying to find himself. When he broke the story around college athletes and rape, I thought this was going to be amazing. However; it really did not focus on much besides the relationship between Jack and Elizabeth, and it did this over and over again. It dragged on way too long for what it was. I found myself ready for something else to happen or to capture my attention.

Jack was so selfish. I just never was routing for him. I was getting so mad with Elizabeth and wanted to scream at her. It just went back and forth with not being happy, but not making any changes or communicating about it. They never talked about their issues, just knew the both had concerns. It would have been fine if this happened once or twice, but it was the majority of the story. I feel like I could have read the first and last part, skipped the middle, and would not have missed a thing.

Yes, there were still things I enjoyed or I would not have finished it. But, I was forcing myself to finish it towards the end.

This does have triggers for rape and infidelity.

Overall, I just did not connect with this one like I have with other Kristin Hannah reads.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment