Saturday, July 14, 2018

River to Redemption by Ann H. Gabhart: New Release with Review





I was sent this book from Revell Reads.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review. 



Synopsis:

"Orphaned in the cholera epidemic of 1833, Adria Starr was cared for by a slave named Louis, a man who stayed in Springfield, Kentucky, when anyone with means had fled. A man who passed up the opportunity to escape his bondage and instead tended to the sick and buried the dead. A man who, twelve years later, is being sold by his owners despite his heroic actions. Now nineteen, Adria has never forgotten what Louis did for her. She's determined to find a way to buy Louis's freedom. But in 1840s Kentucky, she'll face an uphill battle.
Based partly on a true story, Ann H. Gabhart's latest historical novel is a tour de force. The vividly rendered town of Springfield and its citizens immerse readers in a story of courage, betrayal, and honor that will stick with them long after they turn the last page."


MY REVIEW:

My Rating: 4 Stars
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Release Date: July 3, 2018

The first thing that grabbed my attention in regards to River to Redemption was this cover. Normally, I am not a huge fan of covers with people but there is just something about this one. Once I found out it also deals with an orphan and that it was historical with some romance, I was really excited to read this.


This jumps right in to seeing Adria lose her family and it was heartbreaking.  I was hooked from the very first chapter.  Some parts were slower than others, but it did keep my attention until the end.  

Another thing I really loved about this is that it involves both facts and fiction.  I love that when I am reading historical fictions.  

Overall, a great read!



Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Facebook





Interested in trying Book of the Month, get a free book when you use my link:

No comments:

Post a Comment