Friday, July 16, 2021

Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins

Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have had this audiobook sitting on my library for a few years. I decided to finally give it a go. When I first started this, I was not loving it. Lake was so immature for her age. She acted less younger than 16 years old and was very oblivious to everyday life. However; I am so glad I pushed through those first moments, as I ended up flying through this in one sitting.

I ended up really loving the story between Lake and Manning. Be mindful this is an age gap romance that does involving a 16 year old and a 23 year old. This did take a turn towards the end that I was not expecting. It kind of came out of nowhere and made the whole story have a different tone. It is not what you would think either.

This ends with a cliff hanger and I need to jump into book two ASAP.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment