Saturday, July 24, 2021

Lake + Manning by Jessica Hawkins

Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4)Lake + Manning by Jessica Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Triggers for infertility

I flew through this whole series and really enjoyed it. I really liked this one as it did a great job pulling everything together and wrapping it up.
I loved the growth of all of the characters. I actually found myself tearing up several times once everyone started to reconcile.

I was not expecting this to take the turn it did once Lake and Manning were married. SPOILER: I have struggled with infertility and was not expecting this to turn to a story involving this happening. It really hit reality when it talks about having everyone around you getting pregnant when you cannot and the feelings/struggle around being sad (for yourself) and happy (for everyone around you). It is really emotional for someone going through it, but I appreciated the realness of the situation. I do wish it all would have ended a little different, but I was expecting what happened based on every book I have read that involves infertility.

Overall, a fun series and I cannot believe it is over. Here is hoping you find a love like Lake and Manning.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment