Tuesday, July 2, 2019

These Witches Don't Burn by Isabel Sterling

These Witches Don't BurnThese Witches Don't Burn by Isabel Sterling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have heard so many people talk about this, and the reviews have been mixed. One of my favorite YT really loved it though and we have similar tastes. I knew I needed to at least give it a try.

Based on the cover I thought this was going to be a cute romance involving witches. I knew this was being marketed as a LGBT fantasy, so I was not expecting a thriller/mystery aspect to the story. When the story began, I almost put this down thinking it was not for me. I kept reading though and I ended really loving this. This story does involve elemental witches (which I loved), Regs, and Hunters. Some of the story was very predictable like who the Hunter turned out to be. However; there were some darker twists that I was not expecting in this YA novel. I found myself immersed in the story and wanting to know how it was going to end.

Overall, I really enjoyed this and look forward to seeing what happen in book two.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment