Friday, July 19, 2019

Revelry by Kandi Steiner

RevelryRevelry by Kandi Steiner
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is one of the most shocking reads of the year for me and not in a good way. I love Kandi Steiner. I mean love! I think I have given everything she has written four or five stars. I have not been able to get into anything lately, so I thought reaching for this would do the trick. It was not.

I am not really sure why, but I never connected with this story of Wren and Anderson. There was no development around their relationship initially to make me buy into it. Normally there is more build up with her characters. It was almost insta-lovey. Anderson just loved her right away after a five minute conversation. I just never truly devoured their story like I normally do with Kandi Steiner.

I also felt like nothing happened. Anderson had a sad back story which I could see why others loved it. I wanted more around his past though. Wren being divorced just did not do it for me. Yes, her husband was a jerk but it was just not a back story that interested me. I have never DNF anything from this author, but there were so many times I wanted to put this down. The only reason I finished was due to the author herself and thinking this had to get better. I ended up skimming to get to the end anyway.

I did like the musical references throughout though. I thought that was a fun detail.

Overall, this was just not for me. I still highly recommend Kandi Steiner as she is one of my favorite authors.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment