Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Knightmare Arcanist by Shami Stovall

Knightmare Arcanist (Frith Chronicles Book 1)Knightmare Arcanist by Shami Stovall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fantasy is hit of miss for me as it is not my go to genre. This sounded really good though so I wanted to give it a try. I picked it up one night thinking I would most likely put it right back down. When the story starts in a cemetery with graves being dug, it caught my interest. I ended up reading over fifty pages right then and there.

Volke is 15 years old. This really reminded me of a middle grade story. I enjoyed the writing as it was very engaging. However; I found myself losing once the trials started. They also just were not what I wanted. I know this would probably lead to more dangerous and exciting events, but it was just not for me. I am keeping this though as I think my nephew would eat this story up!

Edit: My best friend asked to read this as she loves fantasy. She loved it. I asked her for her thoughts she finished it. She said she would give it around three stars. It had great characters and she loved Volke and Illia. She loved learning about their backstory as the story continues to see Volke strive for his goals.

I was sent a copy of this as part of a blog/Instagram review tour.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment