Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1)Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I have been putting off starting the Dark Artifices series until it was closer to the final book coming out. It was time to finally jump in.

I personally loved the beginning of the story. It had been so long since I was in the Shadow Hunter world, so I enjoyed how a recap of characters and terms were reintroduced within the new story. It made getting back into the world much easier. There was a lot of building the new characters and scenes up before much else happens. The one thing that really kept my interest was learning about the murders so early on.

I do feel this was way too long for what it ended up being though. There was not too many high points throughout the story. A lot was dragged out to more than it needed to be. I ended up having to switch between reading this physically and listening to the audiobook as certain parts I was losing interest in.

I did end up enjoying this, but it did not blow me away like I was hoping and expecting. Do not get me wrong, it was still good. I cannot wait to see where book two takes us and all of the characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment