Monday, September 27, 2021

The Wish by Nicholas Sparks

The WishThe Wish by Nicholas Sparks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I love Nicholas Sparks but the last few releases just have missed the mark for me. When this one started I was hopeful it was going to be that heart breaking love story that I used to love about his work. This was closer to what I wanted, but I am still waiting for an epic romance from him.

This is more womens fiction than romance. It does involve a love story, but I do not consider it romance. This also deals with a very heavy topic as the main character is dying from cancer. I was expecting my heart to break. It was very sad as we see Maggie getting worse and worse but it did not bring that heart wrenching ache that I wanted and needed.

This was pretty predictable and I figured out the twist as soon as the first flashback story was told. I did not see how it unfolded and did tear up at this moment.

The story was just so slow. Not much happened at all and it just dragged on at times. We are following Maggie when she was younger as well as when she is older. Her story was very sweet. I just wanted more.

The audiobook was pretty good. The narrator did make younger Maggie sound much younger than she was at times.

Overall, this was better than the last few but still not what I want and expect from NS.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment