Saturday, November 21, 2020

A Mother's Goodbye by Kate Hewitt

A Mother's GoodbyeA Mother's Goodbye by Kate Hewitt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

Talk about a surprise read. This is one of those page turning, hit you in the gut reads. It is a story about love, loss, and life. I really enjoyed both Heather and Grace’s stories and how they intertwined.

I really connected with Grace due to her relationship with her father. I lost my father when I was twenty years old. We did some of the same things Grace talks about like fishing and playing Pinochle.

I did find Heather a little annoying and overbearing at times, but it also really fit with the narrative with everything going on.

I had no clue this was going to take the turn it did. My heart dropped for Grace and Isaac. I do not want to really say much around what happened as I do not want to give spoilers. All I can say is grab some tissues. You will find your heart breaking several times throughout the story.

The ending was a little rushed. I would have liked more between Grace and Issac at the end. Overall, I really liked this and flew through it. This was my first Kate Hewitt and I cannot to read more.

Triggers for loss, illness, and adoption.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment