Thursday, March 21, 2019

Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West

Love, Life, and the ListLove, Life, and the List by Kasie West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I tend to really enjoy Kasie West books, but I have been holding off on this one for some reason. There was so much hype around this release, and I did not want to be disappointed. I was starting to get into a reading slump though, and I needed something fun and light so I thought I would try this.

This is probably my favorite Kasie West book yet. It was just such a cute and fun romance, but with a little more depth to the story than most of the other books of hers (that I have read). This one deals with family and a romance. It is about facing your fears, looking into things at a deeper level, and personal growth. I loved seeing Abby grow as a character. I also really enjoyed her friendship with Cooper.

This also deals with family and mental illness. I loved the email communication with Abby’s father (he is deployed), and her banter with her grandfather. The scene at the end with her father and the rock and making up with her grandfather…melt my heart! Her mother is dealing with a mental illness as well. I wish the story would have went into a little more detail around her diagnoses, but I still liked what it brought to the story.

Over all, this ended up being exactly what I needed right now, and I loved it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment