Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Little Lovely Things by Maureen Joyce Connolly

Little Lovely ThingsLittle Lovely Things by Maureen Joyce Connolly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was sent an early copy from the publisher.

What a ride! I had heard great things about Little Lovely Things, but I was not prepared for this one. Within the first 20 pages, my heart was pounding with what was going to happen to Lily and Andrea. When the girls are kidnapped, I thought that was the end of their story (from their POV). I was wrong. The author was genius as you continue to following the children as they were with the kidnappers. There is even the perspective through the eyes of Andrea at four years old.

This story is told in three parts. Part one was so intense and a non-stop ride. The author was not scared to take different directions with the story. It will leave you shocked. If I had to rate this off of part one, it would be five out of five stars. It was amazing. However; the intensity of the story does calm down in part two and three.

Part two took a different turn than the first, and did not live up to the exceptional first part. I was starting to lose interest and I wanted to skip ahead. There was a lot of details that really were not needed. Same with part three. I wish there was more around the ending. I feel it could have been just as intense and impactful as part one, but I was left feeling underwhelmed.

Again, I give part one 5 stars. I give part two and three, three stars. I am giving this 4 stars overall.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment