Monday, June 25, 2018

One Smally Thing by Erin Watt: New Release with Review



I was sent this book from the author through Netgalley.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review. 

Synopsis:

"Beth’s life hasn’t been the same since her sister died. Her parents try to lock her down, believing they can keep her safe by monitoring her every move. When Beth sneaks out to a party one night and meets the new guy in town, Chase, she’s thrilled to make a secret friend. It seems a small thing, just for her.

Only Beth doesn’t know how big her secret really is…

Fresh out of juvie and determined to start his life over, Chase has demons to face and much to atone for, including his part in the night Beth’s sister died. Beth, who has more reason than anyone to despise him, is willing to give him a second chance. A forbidden romance is the last thing either of them planned for senior year, but the more time they spend together, the deeper their feelings get.

Now Beth has a choice to make—follow the rules, or risk tearing everything apart…again."



MY REVIEW:

My Rating: 4 Stars

Format: Kindle

Source: Netgalley

Release Date: June 26, 2018

 
I was sent this book by the author through Netgalley.  My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was not really sure how I was going to feel about One Small Thing.  Do not get me wrong, I love the Erin Watt duo and will read everything and anything they put out.  I loved the Royals series.  I liked, but did not love, the previous YA they put out though.  I was not sure how I was going to feel about this being YA as well.  If you are hesitating or felt the same way, definitely still give this one a try.

This is a story about love and loss, forgiveness, second chances, and dealing with loss.  Your emotions will be all over the place.  I found myself angry, frustrated, sad, and happy.  Erin Watt had so much depth to this story.  You will not want to put it down.

Overall, I loved this and it may be my favorite from the duo yet!


Please comment below with any comments and to show your support for Simply Kelina!

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Instagram

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Goodreads



Interested in trying Book of the Month, get a free book when you use my link:

No comments:

Post a Comment