Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Brightest Night by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Brightest Night (Origin, #3)The Brightest Night by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was excited to get the audiobook for this one as I am a huge fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout and her Luxen series. The Brightest Night is the third book in the spin-off series, Origin. This cannot be read as a standalone, as it picks up right from where the previous books leave off.

The narrator was great. I really loved the contrast between characters. She is very easy to understand as well which is a must for me when looking at narrators.

The Brightest Night does involve so much more around our favorite characters from the previous series. It is crazy to see how much characters like Katy and Daemon have grown. I loved having more of them in this story.

Where I loved the previous two books in the series, sadly, this was probably my least favorite. It was just too slow paced. There was not much going on for most of the story. It was really character driven with little action. I needed more to keep my interest. It actually took me much longer than normal to finish this one. I knew I was going to push through though since I committed to this series.

Evie is really discovering who she is and how to work her powers. She is also developing her relationship with Luc. There were a few extras thrown in, but again, I just wanted more.

The second half definitely picked up and the twist at the end leaves you excited for the final book in the series. It had me looking to see if there was a release date announced for the final book.

Overall, I still enjoyed this one (just not as much as I was expecting). I will continue with the series and will continue to read everything from JLA.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment