Monday, October 19, 2020

Only Truth by Julie Cameron

Only TruthOnly Truth by Julie Cameron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was excited to get the audiobook for this one. The narrator has a very raspy voice that did bring a great feel to the story. I do wish there were some more variations when voicing some of the males as it was hard to follow when they were all together. Otherwise, the narration is great on this one. Her voice really made you feel during the emotional parts of the story.

Triggers for mental health, animal abuse/killing, rape, and more.

I really like how this will make you question Who is it? I started making predictions after chapter two, but there is really never anything to really pin point the twist towards the end.

This also changes between the POV of Isabell and our psychopath. I really loved what this change brought to the story. Our killer was very sick and creepy. It pulled together the slower parts of the story and really kept this one moving.

I do feel the ending was a little rushed. I would have liked a little more climax around everything happening. We get more of the backstory once the reveal, but I would have liked a little more around the current day.

This is a very dark story and I really enjoyed it. I am excited to see what the author brings to us next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment