Sunday, October 25, 2020

Grown-Up Pose by Sonya Lalli

Grown-Up PoseGrown-Up Pose by Sonya Lalli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I have seen many mixed reviews around this one, but I am really glad I gave it a chance. I really enjoyed it.

This was also a really quick read and I read it in one sitting which is always nice. I thought the pacing was great as it kept my attention throughout. There were some more humorous moments and also serious moments.

I do wish this would have explored mental health a little deeper, as I feel it almost skipped over everything that happened with Imogen. It does set up nicely for a second book around her character though which I would love to see.

Yes, our main character, Anu, could be very unlikable at times. However; I also found her relatable at the same time. She was very young when she got with her husband and had their first child. She really never found herself or who she wanted to be. She is on a journey to do just that within this story.

Overall, I really liked this though.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment